Monday, February 23, 2009

Lego : the bricks of art

Animation is a very interesting art form. I have always been fascinated by how much energy can be achieved through the motion of pictures; and cartoons are funny and awesome. I have been experiementing with different styles of animation. I've just be been trying basic "frame-by-frame" animations. I've been using a program called "Jasc Animation Shop". One night, me and a friend decided to play with "LEGO" and a Digital Camera. This .gif animation consists of 32 shots. It took about 15 minutes to construct, 10 minutes to shoot and 5 minutes to animate. Working with Todd proved very helpful, between the two of us, we could move more objects with small incremental movements. I think LEGO is a great resource to have in a Art class room.

I would like to add: During this shoot, I had no trouble with the actors. LEGO "people" are very
co-operative.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! That is pretty neat Mickey!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but it goes so quick!
    When I think of lego, I think of my childhood or the great white stripes video.
    Keep it up, Mickey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you make the LEGO "people" fly? It sort of tripped me out.

    I spent the other night constructing ugly tall buildings with my friends out of LEGO (ugly and tall were the criterion). It is indeedly one of the best resources, especially for artistic minds. By the way, my building kicked butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Mickey!! This is amazing. Congrats on exploring this new form of technology - new for you at least. Awesome!
    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mickey! That is really neat. Keep up the crazy stuff.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat.
    Reminds me of the video by The White Stripes- Fell in love with a girl.

    ReplyDelete