Saturday, April 4, 2009

Final Project: "Friday Style"


Alright, this is my final project for EComp 355. So I started this project on April 3, Friday. The night before I downloaded Dj Sinj's album "Something Strange". He's got some nice hip hop tracks on it. On Friday I have this class, it's magical. I can't believe the amount of talent and heart that my classmates have, its amazing.

For my EAES 201 class I wrote a song for my personal arts project. My critical buddy "Neitzlawe" gave me many pointers in which to improve upon. He advised me to start freestyling to help get a feel of "natural flow". So I turned on Dj Sinj's song: "Guitar". I was planning on doing a short music video for a written song, but I no longer liked the song. This was all inspired by the magical energy I got from that classroom. I'm still learning how to freestyle so don't expect a masterpiece like "Funky Monkey". I tend to say "inappropriate" things when I freestyle so I did a practice take called "Tring not to swear", I lasted about minute. hehe

For the animating portion, I find it much easier to animate for musical purposes. With music I could make the images "flow" and "meta-morphasize" to the music. Doing animations with alot of details would have taken a great deal of time to animate, so I stuck with simple short animated clips. Overall this project took me about 16 hours to complete (I napped a few times). My head hurts, my back is aching and my eyes want to read a book.

Teaching animation may prove to be a difficult task though. Making animations takes time and patience. Student collaberation would be very useful when/if teaching animation; each student could animate short sections, eventaully these clips can be compiled into a cool looking video.

This was the first time I made a complete story board before I animated. It worked wonders, I could see where I had to go with the animations , instead of just going for it.

Now its time for a break from animation.

6 comments:

  1. I am going to miss Fridays in EdAes (one of the best classes ever!!). It was always a pick-me-up for me, too. It definitely rejuvenated the soul.

    Great job with the animation and jams. Time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome video! I'm blown away by the animation and how you got it to flow perfectly with the music. I also really liked the stop animation that you did with the clay? for the flower and the word beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! My favourite part was the flower that the hand made into the word 'beautiful'. That was outstanding... were those Zelda figures? haha

    I also found EAES to be an incredibly inspiring class. I hope a lot of our ED classes next year are like that - but it won't be the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man my pupil you definitely are working towards something great here. I'm going to be super stoked to watch you grow in your creative talents.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete